Windows and Doors/Oak veneer interior door

Question
Hi. I recently fitted double oak veneer doors. I was supposed to varnish them to seal the wood immediately. I forgot to do it and now as it is winter with high humidity in the UK the wood has expanded and it's now difficult to close the doors. Do I wait till summer for the wood to shrink back and then varnish, or do I plane the door, it's only a millimetre or two, and varnish it now. I'm worried that if they have retained moisture and I varnish them they may bubble or split etc. cheers.

Answer
Hi Andy,

If the doors are operable wait until the humidity has diminished and see if they return to proper operation before finishing.  If they don't return to size or if the problem recurs when humidity levels rise again, that is the proper time to plane them down some.

Best regards,
Tony  

Windows and Doors

Tony Wood