Windows Networking/Giving users access to resources in Windows Server 2008 r2

I am trying to provide already created users access to resources on windows server 2008 r2.  I have already configured all settings in Active Directory Domain Services. I have also installed IIS6. How can I give specific users access to resources (for example, in this case IIS)?

Hi Lorr
You will need to go into Active Directory Users and Computers and add the user you want to have access to IIS to the  IIS_IUSRS group.  The same for any user that needs access to DNS, DHCP etc.

I hope this answers your question.  If not please feel free to ask a follow up.

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins

I can answer questions about Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I can also answer Questions about Windows Server 2003, including questions about DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IIS, Active Directory, file and printer sharing.

I am a network engineer and computer technician working for a consulting company in my area. I have been working with computers in one form or another since 1990 and have an associates degree in networking engineering

I have an associates degree in network engineering.