Windows Networking/Printer sharing

I have a Mac running OS X 10 connected to my printer and have set system preferences to share the printer.  I have a Dell laptop with Windows 7. How do I set up the laptop to access the printer. Both connect to a wireless DSL modem.

Hi Brenda,
If the printer is network able, IE if the printer has what looks like an oversize network jack or can be connected to a wireless network, that would be you best option.

Other wise you would have to install "other drivers"  for Windows 7 on the Mac.  I say "Other drivers" because Windows has a way to do this. Whether or not Mac has this ability I do not know.  I am not a Mac person.

Good luck

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins

I can answer questions about Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I can also answer Questions about Windows Server 2003, including questions about DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IIS, Active Directory, file and printer sharing.

I am a network engineer and computer technician working for a consulting company in my area. I have been working with computers in one form or another since 1990 and have an associates degree in networking engineering

I have an associates degree in network engineering.