Windows Networking/Wsus not working on windows 2008 R2 server

i recently added the role of windows server update services(Wsus) on my win2008 R2 server but after adding the role the wsus did not produce a configuration wizard after installation. According to the procedure i was following it was supossed to automatically take me to the config wizard after clicking 'finish'.
So now i cannot use the wsus because it has no options. i have tried reinstalling it about 3 times but its still not changing. I am stuck please help!!!
How can i configure the wsus now??

Hi Samantha

I'm sorry for my late reply.  I've not configured this as of yet with my Windows Server 2008, but I do see the option available for me.  Do you even get the ADD ROLES WIZARD or is that missing?  
To get t he Wizard to appear, go to CONTROL PANEL then ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, then SERVER MANAGER.  Perhaps it will allow you to go in there when you click on ROLES and then at the top right click on ADD ROLES.

Please let me know if you get any success and I'll try to help you out.

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian

Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7 workstation and Windows 2000/2003/2008 server networking, Group Policy and wireless configurations. Have knowledge about workstation Ghosting, and also the ins and outs of hardware troubleshooting.

15 years of experience as a hobbyist and Senior Systems Administrator

BA, BCom in Information Technology Management. No IT certifications. However, I have taken several Windows, Novell and Networking courses.