Windows Networking/OS intallation VIA LAN cable

Question
hi sir,
       i have a desktop PC with windows 8, and a laptop with no OS and has a hardisk, i am curious to know wheather the OS can be installed to the laptop wit a lan cable without any much configuration, could you please help me in installing a OS in it, i know it can be done with a server OS, is there any other possibilities, thank you for your Time sir!!!!

Answer
Hi Akhil,
I know of no way to do what you wish.  Even a server would need to be configured correctly.

Depending on what OS you wish to install you can use a thumb drive, Windows 7 and 8 both can be installed this way.  Other wish you can use an external USB CD/DVD drive.

The link below explains how to copy Windows 7 & 8 installation files to USB for installation.  It does not mention Windows 8 but it still applies

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Kevin

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins