Windows Networking/Problem to Connect XP System from Win7

Question
We've small workgroup with all xp OS.  And using shared Folder(s) and  Printer. Now we purchase New laptop having Win-7 OS and through that I can not access one of the XP system. I can ping that machine but can not access its shared resources like printer or folder. We also tried 2 more different laptop with Win7 32bit & 64bit OS but the problem remains same.
"Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

Answer
Sorry for my delay to your question.

In this case, it's likely that the problem is that the userid that is on the XP machine is not the same as the Windows 7 machine.  So, let's say that you had an ID on the XP machine called JOE.  You probably also had the ID JOE on all the other XP computers.  So, this would allow the ID JOE to logon and connect to the XP shared folder/printer.

Now, the Windows 7 configuration has no JOE userid and because of that, when you try to connect in with the default userid which might be MIKE it is not allowing you to connect to the XP machine because it expects JOE.

So, on the Windows 7 computers, you need to create a user account called JOE and make sure it is an administrator and not just a user.

I think this will solve the problem.

Let me know if you have any further problems...

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian