Windows Networking/Log in

Don.t know if you can help me. or direct me to where to get an answer. I have Windows8.1 and somehow got a Yahoo user on my computer. I don't know the password and can;t do any setting changes unless I am the administrator, but unless I log in with Yahoo can't get to administrator. It is a "round robin" that I just can't find a solution for. Would SOOOOO appreciate any ideas.

Hi there.

Windows 8.1 is very new, and I haven't yet used it.  However, I have been exposed to Windows 8 which is similar.

Is this your own computer?  If so, who else has been using it?  When you initially setup the computer, you should've been forced/asked to enter in credentials (your email address / password).

So if you had a hotmail account for example, you would put in YOUR information and take out the Yahoo one.  Try putting in your email address (i.e. and your computer password and in theory that should work.

Please send me a followup question if you are still stuck.

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian

Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7 workstation and Windows 2000/2003/2008 server networking, Group Policy and wireless configurations. Have knowledge about workstation Ghosting, and also the ins and outs of hardware troubleshooting.

15 years of experience as a hobbyist and Senior Systems Administrator

BA, BCom in Information Technology Management. No IT certifications. However, I have taken several Windows, Novell and Networking courses.