Windows Networking/Sharing

Hi Sir,
     Hope you'll be fine..Is it possible to access win7 from winXP through Folder sharing, i did it in win7 to win7 ,i succeed .but i am unable to access win7 folders from winXP.. kindly help me in this sense.If yes kindly give me reference please.

Hi David,
Yes it is possible to share files across not only Windows 7 and Windows XP but any version of windows to any other version of windows.

Take a look at the link below.  It describes pretty well how not only how to set up file sharing from Windows 7 to Windows XP but printer sharing as well.

Please feel free to ask a follow up i you need further assistance.

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins

I can answer questions about Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I can also answer Questions about Windows Server 2003, including questions about DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IIS, Active Directory, file and printer sharing.

I am a network engineer and computer technician working for a consulting company in my area. I have been working with computers in one form or another since 1990 and have an associates degree in networking engineering

I have an associates degree in network engineering.