Windows Networking/program access/sharing

QUESTION: I have three computers in my office. On the "main" computer I have a software program installed that I want to be able to access from the other two stations. I currently use my bookkeeping software in the same fashion but am unable to figure our how to let the other two stations share or have access to the main station. Thank you.

Also, the main station is connected directly to the internet/moden but the other two are connected wirelessly through the main one. Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ANSWER: What version of Windows are you using?  The process is pretty much the same in all versions but there are some differences.

Hi Gregory,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond

Depending on if you have Home or Professional file sharing can get tricky.

The links below should help.  If not let me know.

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins

I can answer questions about Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I can also answer Questions about Windows Server 2003, including questions about DHCP, DNS, RRAS, IIS, Active Directory, file and printer sharing.

I am a network engineer and computer technician working for a consulting company in my area. I have been working with computers in one form or another since 1990 and have an associates degree in networking engineering

I have an associates degree in network engineering.