Windows Networking/Virtual Private NetworK (VPN) V/S RDP Remote Server Connectivity.

Dear Hrire‎‎

What could be the probable reasons that one is unable to establish connectivity to a VPN Server using VPN Client software ?.

Many times one is unable to establish connectivity to the VPN Server.

But one is always able to establish connectivity to a RDP Server using RDP Client software.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I don't know the context of this question but I can only think that the VPN software/Server are not handshaking with each other well.  Meaning, the client/server software versions are not compatible and there is also a problem with the client system connecting.  Also, the certificate may have expired or is causing issues during connection.

RDP servers/RDP client software are written for the purpose of connecting directly to a system.  They might work hand in hand better together.

I hope that helps.

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian

Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7 workstation and Windows 2000/2003/2008 server networking, Group Policy and wireless configurations. Have knowledge about workstation Ghosting, and also the ins and outs of hardware troubleshooting.

15 years of experience as a hobbyist and Senior Systems Administrator

BA, BCom in Information Technology Management. No IT certifications. However, I have taken several Windows, Novell and Networking courses.