Windows Networking/file transfers

Question
I need you to help me with this.  I bought a hard drive from Fry for $200.  I transfer the files from that hard drive into my desktop laptop.  What I did was that I highlighted the whole folders from the Hard drive and drag it to my desktop laptop.  The folders and files are being copy.  My question is.  Does I loose the folders and files from the hard drive or did I was able to make two copies now.  One is still the original files and folders in the hard drive that I bought for $200 and another one is the copy on my desktop.  My question is.

Do I have two files now, one is on my desktop laptop and another on my hard drive? Therefore, I have tow copies.  If one fail I can depend on another?  Please help me with that.  I am afraid that I might loose the files and folders in my hard drive that I bought for $200 at Fry.

Answer
Hi Henry,
Sorry I have not answered your question sooner. For some reason I have not been getting the notification emails that I have pending questions.

Yes, when you drag files and folders from one drive to another you are making copies.  So when complete you will have two copies of what ever you dragged from one drive to the other.

Windows Networking

Kevin Watkins