Windows Networking/share dial up

Question
I have two windows xp computers on a ethernet switch, one pc is connected to the internet trough dial-up.Can i share that connection to other pc with ethernet cable

Answer
Hi there.

This is a difficult situation, but it CAN be done, however it is complex if you are using DIALUP and not a HIGH SPEED / ETHERNET based internet connection.

You will have to download a software that you will install on the HOST computer (that connects to the internet) and with this software, you need to configure so that the computer will allow other computers to connect to it as well.  One such program I used years ago is called Winroute, however, I don't think it's popular any more.  Windows has built in dial up networking and there are instructions online that can assist you in doing this.

I just want to warn you that a dialup connection is EXTREMELY slow, so if you have an option of using high speed, that is the best choice.

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian