Windows Networking/Secure VPN

Hi there,

So much thanks for your prompt response. Kindly also tell me that how will i know that my PC is based on a secure VPN.

This all depends on your system administrator.

If the network is setup in a way there is a firewall securely setup, then internally you are directly connected to the inside network, but from the outside, you need VPN to access the network.

If you have a small organization, and a limited IT department, then I suspect a VPN is very basic.

If you have a large organization with a lot of IT people, a sophisticated VPN is probably setup.

I hope this helps.

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian

Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7 workstation and Windows 2000/2003/2008 server networking, Group Policy and wireless configurations. Have knowledge about workstation Ghosting, and also the ins and outs of hardware troubleshooting.

15 years of experience as a hobbyist and Senior Systems Administrator

BA, BCom in Information Technology Management. No IT certifications. However, I have taken several Windows, Novell and Networking courses.