Windows Networking/Two network cards conflict

Question
Dear Sir,

On my PC I have two network cards, one is integrated  in the motherboard and the another is in the PCI slot.

I use on of the cards for the internet with dynamic IP address, the another is for networking the computer and copier machines with static IP address,  subnet mask and default gateway.

I have a conflict that when I configure the static IP address for network the PC and the copier machines, I do not have internet any more even if the internet is connected on his own network card.

Can you help me to find a solution for this issue.

Here is some information that may help you to find out where is the problem.

- From the router one cable is connected to the WIFI modem the another is connected to the computer network card.
(P.S. I tried to connect the internet from my WIFI modem to the Computer but the result is the same)

- The another cable is connected to the second network card and via switch it goes to two copier machine.

Thank you for your help

Mufid

Answer
Hi Mufid

I just wanted to double check that if this was working for you before, then it might be that a driver update corrupted or caused this conflict.  What I would recommend (if you're using Windows 7 or XP) is to ROLL BACK the driver of ONE of the network cards first and see if that fixes the problem.  If not, then restore it back to the new driver.  Then ROLL BACK the driver of the other network card and see if that resolves things.

If still no luck try ROLLING BACK both network card drivers and see what happens.

Also, try then to swap the network cables you have - so use one for the internal networking of computers and the other for your internet - it may work.

As a last resort.  Remove both adapters from your hardware configuration (but make sure you have backup driver cds or the drivers downloaded to your system).  Then, shut down your computer.  After reboot, the drivers should auto-install themselves, and you will need to reconfigure everything from scratch.

This is a long troubleshooting process, but I hope this helps you out - ask me any more questions if you need help.  

Windows Networking

Hrire Mikaelian