Windows Vista/At least 2 problems on MS Vista

I have a 64-but OS with Windows Vista on it. I have the following problems:

1) Connection status: unknown (the dependency service or group  failed to start)

I am unable to connect to the Internet.

2) I am unable to restore my system back to an older date.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

The first problem is that you're using VISTA. It's junk. My recommendation would be to back up your data, reformat the hard drive, and put a fresh copy of Windows 7 or 8 on it.

These are both problems that would be impossible for me to troubleshoot remotely. I'd need to see your PC to tell you what the problems are... but I wouldn't waste too much time on this. Reinstalling Windows (even Vista) will probably fix the problem.  

Windows Vista

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about how to use Microsoft Windows Vista. Also, please be sure to check the Windows Tips & Tricks and Windows Vista Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been using Windows Vista since it first came out. I have been teaching Windows (all versions) in the classroom since 1994, and online through computer tutorials since 2002.

I have been volunteering on AllExperts in the categories of Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, and Weight Loss for many months now.

I have created a line of Windows (including Vista) computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error. If I don't know the answer, I know how to find it.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.