Windows XP/WinXP SDHC fix

Marc wrote at 2010-01-03 12:12:05
It seems that there is also a problem under XP SP3 with some readers compatible with SDHC cards.

My transcend M2 reads perfectly a Sandisk Extreme III 4GB under Windows 7 but not under XP SP3. The reader is recognized, but not the card.  

Orin H wrote at 2010-06-14 03:00:13
Actually Mike thats not whats going on whatsoever(however you are correct on the reason why his card reader will not read his card) The reason that hotfix will not install is because it is included in the SP3 hotfixes, so is already installed on the system. I know this is a old post, just thought I'd update this if someone else visits.

Cheers,

A concerned Netizen.

Chris Kuczek wrote at 2012-11-05 19:02:11
I think that is the windows xp problem.I have old Acer9500 l-top with the same problem but after I install Linux Mint card reader works fine .Recognize all my 32GB SDHC cards.

Sincerely

Chris K.

Romy wrote at 2012-11-14 21:13:12
Hi Mike,

Actually I believe the problem is with WinXP. I have an USB microSD card reader which works in a Win7 computer but not in WinXP. Probably WinXP need an update to enable it to read exFAT.

Cheers,

Romy

Windows XP

Mike Dacre