Windows XP/updates from microsoft

Question
I am trying to find out what "specific Dates" certain windows updates were available ... not the month ... but the specific date
I found the Microsoft Security Bulletin - but that is just showing what came out in certain months - when I go to windows updates on my system and see everything listed (example Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB973540)

Is there some where I can look up KB973540 and see when it was actually released?

Thanks in advance

NMB

Answer
Hello Nina. There doesn't seem to be much information on this subject other than what you already looked for. I found something in the Windows Vista forums that might follow the same policy as Windows XP as it is essentially the same company, therefore possibly the same schedule. According to what I found, there is no specific date, but the updates are released the second Tuesday of every month. There was also a relevant link to where you can subscribe to email notifications of incoming updates.

On another note, for Windows XP, you really don't want to install updates once you have SP3 as any new updates Microsoft may have for Windows XP will do nothing but slow your computer down as they want users to switch to the popular Windows 7 and the new Windows 8. It is a really sleazy thing they try to do to make you buy more merchandise, therefore increasing their profits. Microsoft stopped legitimately supporting Windows XP in 2006 because Windows Vista was already out for a while. Don't make this make you lean toward getting a new computer though as to this day, Windows XP IS a better operating system than Vista, 7, and 8. It runs smoother, uses MUCH less resources to run, it is more stable for programs and drivers, and is more secure. Age doesn't make an operating system bad.

Have a great day!

Windows XP

Flinix