Windows XP/Avast popup once again.

Several months ago I wrote and explained that I had briefly had the free version of Avast antivirus software installed but uninstalled it because of an annoying popup which appeared on the screen every day and not only displayed visually but also spoke and announced each day that Avast had bee updated.
   You replied that on your computers on the Avast screen you would click "Settings" then click the popup tab. Then you would uncheck "Show monthly security reports" and reduce the seconds in the first 2 boxes from 20 seconds to 0 seconds, and that this would keep your popups from appearing.
   I had been busy and distracted by various things since then so I only last week got around to reinstalling Avast. However my monthly security reports box is unchecked and the seconds in the first 2 boxes are definitely set to 0 seconds and yet the popup still keeps appearing.
   Are your settings still keeping your Avast popups from appearing on your various computers and can you provide some speculation as to why they are still appearing on my 6 year old Compaq desktop running Windows XP Professional with Service pack 3?
   Do you have any other suggestions as to how to disable the popups?

Try this:

Step 1
Right-click the Avast Antivirus icon in the taskbar of your computer. Click "Open Avast! User Interface." The interface for the antivirus program will open.

Step 2
Click "Settings" in the upper right corner of the interface.

Step 3
Click "Updates" in the left panel. Click "Details" to expand the section.

Step 4
Un-check the "Show Notification Box After Automatic Update" box to disable update notifications.

Step 5
Click "OK" to save your changes. Close the interface to return to your computer's desktop.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Windows XP

I can answer most questions regarding installation of Windows XP, speed optimization, recommended minimal installation specifications, any hardware issues you may encounter, dual booting, best anti-virus software to go with without spending a dime, and much more. If you'd like to dual boot any Linux OS with your Windows XP, I can guide you through that as well. If it is not related to Windows XP, please choose another expert who can help you.

Experience includes repairing hundreds of desktops and laptops, upgrading some computers from Windows 7 or Vista to Windows XP (yes, this is actually an upgrade), using Linux operating systems for data recovery, diagnosis and more! I've also done capacitor repairs on motherboards with a high success rate. I regularly speed up customers computers to like new speeds or faster

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology