Windows XP/printer spool

when I try to use my printer it tells me the printer spool is not on..
so i went to services msc  and there it says it is on automatic.  I am stopped now.  can you help me, I hatew to have to buy another computer....thankxs
Everett Pecock

Hi Everett,

Was there anything that changed recently? I assume this is an old printer that was working recently?

Check to make sure you have the printer software or driver installed. You may also uninstall them, then restart the computer and install the software/driver back to see if that fixes the problem.

If you still have problems, please let me know what printer make and model you have there. We'll see if there's any updated software or drivers for it.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science