Windows XP/uninstall program

I went to add and remove that is simple but the program wasn't in there.  I did the gegedt32 and clicked the Hkey Local Machine Hardware and it say click the uninstall but there isn't a uninstall when I click.  The other day I went through over 500 key's to find it , when you click one thing another comes up.  I have a internet carrier and just want to reinstall the accelerator that comes with it and it works well but can't reinstall one is already on it have to shut down to do this but it constantly restates that after the shut down.  Once I did see it when I was in something called clich or something but it didn't have uninstall now i have no clue where that key was.  Please  help would the Clean Uninstall Program be worth buying at this point I"m at my wits end.

Vonna:  sorry it took so long to answer.  Iv'e been away on holiday with no access to email.

Try rebooting in safe mode.  (Hit the F5 key as the PC starts to reboot.)  Then try to uninstall the device and then try to reinstall it.

Also - it is not at all wise to start messing with the system registry unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing.  Significant and permanent damage can be done if the wrong key is deleted.  If you really want to mess with the registry, you should make a copy of it.

Windows XP

Thomas Mihalik

Can assist with most issues involving XP - system configuration, drivers, recovery, home network set-up/maintenance and so forth. Can also help with issues like viruses, system cleanups and peripherals such as printers, external hard drives as well as other USB devices.

Was system administrator for over 45 users at a major research university in the Chicago area for 10 years (before I finally was able to hire someone to do it). Also have owned/configured computers for over 20+ years. Also volunteer locally to fix computers for seniors.

NACUBO SCUP United Way Humane Society

B.A. Humanities, Purdue M.S. Management, Purdue