Windows XP/nsis problem

QUESTION: i think my windows files are damaged, when i cant play any downloaded video. i want to fix this problem without loosing any software. i am using windows xp service pack 3. please help me to resolve this problem. thanks

ANSWER: Hi waqas,

What happens when you try to open up a video file with Windows Media Player? You can try using VLC Player to see if it will play any of the video files:

It could be a video codec issue. If it is, you will need to install the proper video codec to view the videos properly. Otherwise, VLC usually does a good job playing most video files.

If you still think it's a corrupted file in Windows, you can run the system file checker to see if any files are found to be missing or corrupted. Go to Start > Run and type in cmd and hit ENTER key. Then type in:

sfc /scannow

Hit ENTER key. It will scan through the system files and if anything is missing or corrupted, you will probably be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD. Please have this available beforehand.

QUESTION: thanks for your previous answer, it was codec problem.
now there is another problem, when i install shield a message appears. NSIS error, how can i fix it?

What are you trying to install? Does it have a specific error for that installation?

That NSIS error is too general but this is what I found so far:

If you can provide more details, I'll do some more searches.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science