Windows XP/Windows 7

Will Windows 7 become corrupt if my laptop shuts unexpectedly many times in a row?

I have an ASUS X54C laptop with a factory version of Windows 7. There's apparently something wrong with it because it shuts unexpectedly from time to time even with the battery installed.

Hi Luis,

Yes, there is a chance that Windows can be corrupted if it's shutdown improperly. If it does happen to you, you can usually repair it by using either the Windows 7 CD (if it came with one) or a recover from the laptop itself (assuming the manufacturer loaded a good copy for restoring).

Is that laptop still under warranty by the retailer or ASUS? I highly recommend sending it in for repair. It could be a hardware issue (like overheating) or something else. Best to fix it now before other issues arise.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science