Windows XP/Getting the right resolution with intel GMA...

Hi David.

I've just set up my home desktop computer system, and I'm having a problem getting the monitor to display in the correct resolution.

The resolution of my monitor is 1920 X 1080, but when I select this resolution in Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, the screen goes all wonky and off center, and still doesn't look right (I tried to take a screenshot and it didn't work)...Any ideas?

There's also no option for custom resolutions unfortunately, but I don't know if that matters.

Thanks :)

Screen resolution: Make sure you have all service packs. The trouble is
You donít have the right drivers. Go to control panel graphics see that
See that it lists the card, if it shows not available go to update driver
To see if the web can find it and install. The information you are giving me is not enough for me to work with.  Is it an agp card? What brand is it?  

Windows XP

David Cohen

I can answer questions on all Windows operating systems such as Crashes and recovery, virus removal, networking, programs, such as word, Games, freeze ups, installations, boot up troubles, hardware, and more. I am Microsoft certified on all operating systems up to windows 7 You should understand not all troubles can Be fixed through text. Sometimes I need to Have the PC in front of me. Even with text My success rate is 98%.

I have been repairing, installing, and working steady in this field since 1998. my success rate is 99%

PC world

Graduated from Cooper union degree in computer technology Audio and production engineering.

Queens College setting up an internet radio station

Too numerous to put here