Windows XP/Getting the right resolution with intel GMA...

Question
Hi David.

I've just set up my home desktop computer system, and I'm having a problem getting the monitor to display in the correct resolution.

The resolution of my monitor is 1920 X 1080, but when I select this resolution in Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, the screen goes all wonky and off center, and still doesn't look right (I tried to take a screenshot and it didn't work)...Any ideas?

There's also no option for custom resolutions unfortunately, but I don't know if that matters.

Thanks :)

Answer
Screen resolution: Make sure you have all service packs. The trouble is
You donít have the right drivers. Go to control panel graphics see that
See that it lists the card, if it shows not available go to update driver
To see if the web can find it and install. The information you are giving me is not enough for me to work with.  Is it an agp card? What brand is it?  

Windows XP

David Cohen