Windows XP/Windows XP

Question
Hi Carl,
         I need to submit an ID doc to an online site. They need the file to be under 800mb. The scanned and saved pic I have is 895mb. How do I reduce it to under 800.
I am using Windows XP.
Thank you.
Don Boddie
New Zealand

Answer
Don, you did not provide me with the file type or extension but I will try to help.
You specify that the document is a pic so I will guess that the file type is a jpg, bmp or tif etc. i.e. a photo not a pdf or doc file.
You can download free file converter software which will allow you to convert this file to jpg or if already jpg will allow you to change the resolution hence byte count.
By doing a Google search on "file converter", the following page was obtained:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextensions/tp/free-image-converter.htm
Several free file converter programs are listed; XNVIEW can be downloaded and used to reduce the byte count. The other three are on-line converters meaning that no download is required.
I have not used any of these programs but use COMPUPIC PRO which is not free.
Good luck, Carl

Windows XP

Carl Johnson