Windows XP/Windows XP question (sorta)

Question
Flinix,
I recently bought a used Dell XPS 410.  The guy had Windows 7 on it, but I think it was a bootleg version...and I wanted to install Windows XP anyway.  So I used Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) to wipe the hard drive.  (I used the PRNG Stream method, and it took just about all day.)   And now...when I put my Windows XP cd in and try to load it, I can't.  I get the following message:

Device Driver Not Found:  'OEMCD001'
No valid CDROM device drivers selected.
The Windows Setup Files were not found.
A:\>

The computer has both a DVD Rom drive, and a DVD R/RW drive.  And I've also tried to boot using a USB CD drive, but get the same message.

Any suggestions/advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
I honestly have no idea why you are trying to boot a Windows XP installation CD with a floppy drive. The only time I've seen it required to boot off of a floppy drive is with old operating systems like Windows 95 and older.

Just boot straight off the DVD drive (doesn't matter which one you choose) and install from there. If the computer is not booting off the DVD drive, check the boot sequence in the BIOS and make sure the CD/DVD option is first OR you can hit the appropriate key to do a one-time boot device selection option where you can manually choose what device to boot off of; in this case, the CD/DVD drive option would be chosen.

If one drive fails to boot after doing the above, try the other drive (as one may be faulty).

Now depending on how new the computer is, you might have trouble with drivers. If the computer is really new, 2006 and newer, there is a possibility that Windows XP will not work on the computer at all because critical drivers are missing to even begin the installation of the operating system. If the computer is between 2000 and 2005, you most likely won't have a problem with drivers as this is the prime time for similar chipsets and hardware drivers that XP had on the installation CD.

If you run into any more problems, just let me know. Have a great day!

Windows XP

Flinix