Windows XP/sticky keys

Hello sir,

I am currently an under-graduate and require information about the following qs. for some project.

Q. I know that sticky keys can be switched on by pressing shift key 5 times. What I want to know is how the computer recognizes that sticky keys must be started or stopped only when a user presses the shift key 5 times, i.e. is there someway(maybe using regedit) that we can configure to start sticky keys by our own choice of keys. For example, I want to begin sticky keys just by pressing shift key twice.

I would be humbly waiting for an answer

Hi Rahul,

Yes, you can change this setting in the Keyboard settings under Settings > Control Panel:

Hope that helps.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science