Windows XP/adobe reader

Question
I would like to download adobe reader that suits my system which says 9.5 but when I do it says system can't.  I can't turn off my microsoft security essesential system to allow it to download if this is the problem.  I don't want to uninstall it but where it says on and I put the mouse over it you can't turn it off.  
I have a different pdf but it is so different I can't understand it.  I tried to open up a file on the internet but can't even figure it out.  Help please.  Yes I only have dial up and windows xp.  I am slowly realizing that might be all my problems but till I change where can I go to get this done.

Answer
Vonna:  try this:  reboot into safe mode (reboot then press F5 a couple of times).  Select safe mode with networking.  Then got to control panel, add/remove programs.  Find the adobe reader you just installed and remove it.  Then reboot to see if the system is back to normal.

If that doesn't work, do a system restore to a point prior to the bad stuff happening.  If you need help with that, just let me know.  Good luck!

tommm

Windows XP

Thomas Mihalik