Windows XP/GP4

Question
Hi, I used to play GP1 and 2 but then got out of gaming. I've got a bit of time on my hands now and would like to play GP4 but I cant make it run.

I want to get or build a pc just for this. Can you tell me the best spec and sofware please?

Answer
I assume from "GP4", you mean "Grand Prix 4". If your computer is a Pentium 3 computer or older, you will have trouble playing this game. The 4th game of this doesn't require any special power from the computer to run. If you have a Pentium 4 with a 128MB video card and at least 256MB of RAM, you should be able to play the game just fine. The recommended RAM is actually 128MB or above, but knowing how computers lose some available memory after a bunch of programs are loaded (even on the background), I'm putting the recommendation at 256MB of RAM.

If your computer is newer than a P4 (Say a dual core or something), there should be no problems running this game.

On the other hand, if you are running Windows Vista, 7 or 8, you may have trouble running the game entirely. Windows Vista, 7, and 8 are built off a kernel that, to my opinion, sucks. The game came out when Windows 2000 was big and I'm more than sure had support for Windows XP since Windows XP and Windows 2000 are like sisters when it comes to compatibility and program support.

So if you are running Vista, 7, or 8, I would try running the program in compatibility mode for either Windows 2000 or Windows XP. If that doesn't work, get your hands on an actual Windows XP or Windows 2000 machine. Long story short, don't build a computer for this game. It doesn't require any special hardware so as long as it is Pentium 4 or later with the amount of RAM or more that I said a few paragraphs before. You can get a P4 or better machine for less than 100 and if you look hard enough, less than 50 bucks ready to go for your game.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Windows XP

Flinix