Windows XP/music to computer

Hi Kevin,
I would like to take a song recording from my DVR and get it onto my computer, then burn it to a CD. I have a Dell computer about  8 yrs. old and it runs Windows XP. Is this possible? Thanks for any advice.

Hi Steve,

Not very savvy in this area so there might be an easier way to do this. But from what I found, you will need to do the following:

1. Transfer the video from the DVR to the computer:

2. Use a program like Camtasia Studio (download the trial version first to see if it works) to capture the video:

There may be others that do the same thing for free but Camtasia might be easier to use.

3. Once the video is on the computer, you can burn it on a CD. If you don't like the format it's using, use a video to MP3 converter to convert it to an audio file:

Hope that helps.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science