Windows XP/drivers

Question
when wiping and reloading a PC (winXP Pro)
- what is my best bet to find the exact drivers I need when they are not part of the OS install. example its an HP tower - I go to the HP site find my model PC - search for drivers - yet they offer numerous
(example) Ethernet - chip set etc etc drivers

- how can I actually find exactly the drivers I need - what Video driver - graphics drivers chipset, ethernet etc etc
TKS

Answer
Hi Nina,

1. Prior to wiping out the PC, I recommend getting a program called DriverMax (free) at:

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

2. Install that and let it check your PC for all the current drivers. Then select the option to export them and back them up as a single zip file. Backup that zip file to a safe place.

3. Wipe out the PC and install Windows XP back.

4. Install DriverMax and copy your backed up zip file earlier. Select the option to import your drivers back. You can either import everything back or select the ones you need and import only those specified entries back.

Hope that helps.

Kevin.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou