Windows XP/Too big of a file

My friend begged me to download this game for PC and, after waiting for nearly 3 hours it finally completed its download. Once the download was complete (i believe the file is 1.5 GB) it put the setup icon on my desktop. I know XP is comparable with the program but when I try to do anything with it like drag it around the desktop, open it, right-click on just shows me the hour glass. I figured it was just taking a long time to open due to it being a big file but I literally sat for 20 minutes waiting for SOMETHING to happen with the file and it didn't. When the hour glass is up, I can't do anything with my computer except move the mouse around. I also tried CTRL+ALT+DELETE and, because the program actually wasn't OPEN, it didn't give me the option to end the task. I honestly just want that file gone so if you can help me figure out how to get rid of it, that would be great.

Ryan, did you try to get into safe mode. If you can you should
be able to delete it from there. The file is to large for the recycle
bin so it will ask you to delete it it should. use Safe Mode without
networking. to get into it reboot and during the boot hold or goose
the f8 key.

Windows XP

David Cohen

I can answer questions on all Windows operating systems such as Crashes and recovery, virus removal, networking, programs, such as word, Games, freeze ups, installations, boot up troubles, hardware, and more. I am Microsoft certified on all operating systems up to windows 7 You should understand not all troubles can Be fixed through text. Sometimes I need to Have the PC in front of me. Even with text My success rate is 98%.

I have been repairing, installing, and working steady in this field since 1998. my success rate is 99%

PC world

Graduated from Cooper union degree in computer technology Audio and production engineering.

Queens College setting up an internet radio station

Too numerous to put here