Windows XP/Hibernate and Standby status

After finishing each session, I put my PC into standby, but lately after several hours it restarts without any prompting. I have not changed anything i am aware of. What may be causing this and any way to remedy it?
I am using a HP Pavilion a200n, and windows XP home edition.

Thank you,

Many things can cause this. Outdated drivers,
Powers schemes on control panel not set up correctly
As far as the time it should stay on as you set it for.
You can try Microsoft site and their suggestion.  

Windows XP

David Cohen

I can answer questions on all Windows operating systems such as Crashes and recovery, virus removal, networking, programs, such as word, Games, freeze ups, installations, boot up troubles, hardware, and more. I am Microsoft certified on all operating systems up to windows 7 You should understand not all troubles can Be fixed through text. Sometimes I need to Have the PC in front of me. Even with text My success rate is 98%.

I have been repairing, installing, and working steady in this field since 1998. my success rate is 99%

PC world

Graduated from Cooper union degree in computer technology Audio and production engineering.

Queens College setting up an internet radio station

Too numerous to put here