Windows XP/confused about my laptop

Ok I'm having a problem with my windows XP laptop. I don't know where to find the setup executive. I looked under the task manager and I'm not seeing it

Amber, the task manager only shows programs that are presently running. Evidently the setup exe
that you are looking for is not running.
If you are installing a program, use WINDOWS EXPLORER to open the folder or directory where the program files are stored. Click on the setup exe to initiate the installation.

Windows XP

Carl Johnson

I can answer most questions concerning Windows XP. I am very interested in helping others to keep their older computers running since they can perform well if properly maintained. I am not a software or systems expert but usually can help with program applications problems also.

I am an experienced computer user and an IBM retiree who specialized in computer hardware design and manufacture.

Bachelor and Masters degrees in electrical engineering.