Windows XP/Dual URL website links

I am using my website for 2 different purposes. I have 2 URL addresses pointing to the one website. I would like each of the 2 addresses to point to 2 different pages. So, depending upon which URL address a viewer keys in, the viewer will see a different page. Is that possible.
Thanks for volunteering.

Hi Nicholas,

Even though web routing and databases are not specifically my area of expertise, as I am not trained directly in Internet interfaces/HTML/routing/etc, I can still try to give an idea to start off with, as I am familiar with Microsoft/Windows related networking and server administration.

Two different URLs pointing to two different resources? No problem. Whoever is hosting the addresses (Forwarding, etc) can be set up so that their URLs point to not only a specific domain, but a specific resource (page/file/etc), exactly how you are asking. If it is a MS network (IIS), the server can be set up to have a Redirect, where a request for a certain URL/file/folder can be pointed to a resource, be it a specific file or web page (HTML), which the user will then see in their Browser using the URL you have registered. Then, you merely configure the other URL to point to the second resource (page/file/etc) that you wish to set up. If the server is run by a third party (Hosting Sites, etc) then you will have to login to set it up yourself or communicate with them (whoever is running the servers) your wishes to have your URLs point to their specific differing resources on their servers.

For example:
can point to a specific resource (usually Default HTML file)
could point to another different resource (another HTML file or a media file, etc)
This can also be done with subdomains if you wish, such as
could point to one resource and
could point to another different resource
Either way, whichever URL a person types in will bring up a different resource (HTML file or a media file, etc).

For IIS (MS), here is a page with screenshots on how to set up a HTTP Redirect:
If you are using a third-party/hosting service, letting the administrators know what you want to do should allow them to set it all up, taking users to whichever pages you set up for each URL.

Although not exactly my area of expertise, I hope that gets you started off anyway, Nicholas. What you want to do is entirely possible, it is just that you may have to configure it yourself or contact the hosting site/server admins to set it up for you. Either way, I hope it works out for you!

Windows XP

Troy M. MCSE, CNA, MCP, CST, IC3, Aplus

Hi there! Even though I am relatively new around here, I have been having great fun with PCs for over two decades now, becoming familiar with Windows through versions 3.x/9x/Me/2000/XP/2003/7/8/10. I enjoy helping others with what I feel is an exciting industry - computers are always changing, improving and offering new opportunities for learning. I look forward to assisting you with questions concerning Windows, how it interacts with your PC Hardware, configuration/settings or just general tips and ideas. Besides troubleshooting questions, feel free to ask the basics, as well. I will always start there, and I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a dumb question - we are all ‘Beginners’ at one time or another!

I am an A+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with Computer Service Technician and LAN Administration diplomas and over 15 years direct experience with PCs including assembly, troubleshooting/support and upgrading. I have worked for retail outlets, schools and businesses, and have been an Instructor in the past as well – helping others, just like you, understand and enjoy computers!

MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), CNA (Certified Novell Administrator), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), CST (Computer Service Technician (Formerly Computer Engineering Technician)(Hardware/OS servicing Diploma), IC3 (Internet and Core Computing Certification)(Hardware/OperatingSystem/Internet Fundamentals Certification), A+ (Computing Technology Industry Association Hardware/Operating System Certification)