Windows XP/Installing Windows 7

Dear David,
I have a drive with what remains of Windows XP on it ,(I also have a secondary drive with Win. 8 on it which I am currently using). I wish to format the "XP" drive in order to install Win. 7 on it, of which I have the Disc. I have not been able to get past the "Welcome" screen as yet.
Could you kindly advise me how to format this drive?
Desk top computer.
Many thanks and Best Regards,

I think what you must do is open the PC
and disconnect the drive you are using
and put the HD you wish to setup as a single
drive with the jumpers in the right place
you can see that it sees the drive in the bios
then set to boot to the cd and that should work for you

Windows XP

David Cohen

I can answer questions on all Windows operating systems such as Crashes and recovery, virus removal, networking, programs, such as word, Games, freeze ups, installations, boot up troubles, hardware, and more. I am Microsoft certified on all operating systems up to windows 7 You should understand not all troubles can Be fixed through text. Sometimes I need to Have the PC in front of me. Even with text My success rate is 98%.

I have been repairing, installing, and working steady in this field since 1998. my success rate is 99%

PC world

Graduated from Cooper union degree in computer technology Audio and production engineering.

Queens College setting up an internet radio station

Too numerous to put here