Windows XP/WXP

Hi Carl
On starting XP and also when starting some programes,I get the following message:

SDWwelcome:SDWelcome.exe uable to locate

Application failed to start because framedyn.dll not found

Clicking on the message removes it and the program the starts and runs normally.Can you suggest a cure Please?

Dennis: Apparently the sdwelcome dot exe file is a part of the Spybot antivirus program.
Perhaps Spybot was installed preeviously on your computer and the application was not completely uninstalled.
See reference:

Typical file path:   C:\Program Files\spybot - search & destroy 2\sdwelcome.exe
File version:
Product version:
Size:   3.34 MB (3,500,568 bytes)

You can delete the file if you like using Windows Explorer to access C:\Program Files\spybot
then highlight and delete.

Windows XP

Carl Johnson

I can answer most questions concerning Windows XP. I am very interested in helping others to keep their older computers running since they can perform well if properly maintained. I am not a software or systems expert but usually can help with program applications problems also.

I am an experienced computer user and an IBM retiree who specialized in computer hardware design and manufacture.

Bachelor and Masters degrees in electrical engineering.