Windows XP/Windows XP- Task Bar Messed up

Question
Feb 26, 2014     System = Windows XP,  MS Office 2003

Another user sat at my computer, and somehow she moved the Task Bar to the top of my display.
I attempted to move it back to the bottom of the display, but unfortunately I got the
Task Bar moved to Left side instead of Bottom.  A screen shot of my current display is:

(This box wouldn't accept a copy of my Print screen.  Please let me know if you have a different email address I can use to mail it to you.)

Iím hoping you can help me restore my display with a single file Task Bar at the bottom & my desktop icons displaying on previously installed Desktop image.

Thank you for your help,  Jan

Task Bar Properties

Thereís an additional problem, in that these two windows also completely cover a Desktop image underneath.

Answer
To move the taskbar:

Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
   Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar. For example, you may want the taskbar to be positioned at the bottom of your screen.
   After you move the mouse pointer to the position on your screen where you want the taskbar, release the mouse button.

If you are using Windows 98 or Windows Me and your taskbar does not move, make sure that the option to move the taskbar is enabled. If you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista, make sure the Lock the Taskbar option is not enabled. To check the status of the taskbar:

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
   Double-click Taskbar and Start Menu
       On Windows ME click Advanced, and then make sure that there is a check mark beside Enable moving and resizing in the Start Menu and taskbar list under the Taskbar heading. If the check mark is not there, click the box to select this feature, click OK, and then close the Control Panel window. If the check mark is there, click Cancel, and then close the Control Panel window.
       On Windows XP and Windows Vista select the Taskbar tab and make sure that there is not a check mark beside Lock the Taskbar. If the check mark is there, click the box to unselect this feature, click OK, and then close the  Control Panel window. If the check mark is not there, click Cancel, and then close the Control Panel window.

NOTE: The taskbar can be docked on the left side, right side, top, or bottom of your screen. You cannot move the Start button or the Windows Orb from side to side on the taskbar.

For more detail:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253679

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253679

Windows XP

Carl Johnson