Windows XP/what is the best Windows sys.?

Question
I would like your help please. as you know Windows XP  is on the out. Keep in mind i just know mac. and old PowerPC at that. Can you please tell me. What is the best Windows system out there that has less problems?This is for my Wife. She is using XP. I  need to move her up to a newer system. thanks from John.

Answer
John, Windows 7 would be the best choice - stable and mature. And a lot like XP whereas Windows 8 is very different. You can make Windows 7 look even more like XP by selecting the Windows Classic Theme as follows:
Start Windows 7 and right click on the desktop. Choose 'Personalize' at the bottom of the menu.
Then scroll down and click on 'Windows Classic".
Windows Explorer in Windows 7 is somewhat different than in Windows XP. So you would need to do a walk-through explanation on that also if folder/file access is needed.

Carl

Windows XP

Carl Johnson