Windows XP/WIN XP/Adobe Flash/IE and Firefox

I am still on Windows XP.  Lots of programs and such I'll need to get updates for before going to 7.  I've had Flash installed an working forever.  I use 2 browsers.  Predominantly Mozilla Firefox but sometimes IE 8.  Yesterday my flash in Firefox stopped working.  I downloaded the latest version and Firefox is now fine.  However, flash in IE is not working.  I noticed at the Adobe site that they have 2 installs - 1 for IE and 1 for Firefox, etc.  What can I do to have both of them work again?  They were until a few days ago.  Thanks.

Hi Barbara,

Make sure that your IE settings isn't set to disable flash. To check this, see below:

It should be the same link for either browsers. You can go to the below website and it should check what browser you have and give you the proper download:

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science