Windows XP/20Gb ram on Windows xp

Question
QUESTION: I have got a Dell optiplex 9010 core i7 with 20GB Ram , I want to install windows xp for better performance , I installed once but it couldn't recognize 20GB Ram , it shows 3GB or 4GB, Can you PLEASE HELP ME!!

ANSWER: Hello Farzad. The issue you are seeing is the limited amount of RAM the OS can recognize. Regardless of what type of operating system, a 32 bit operating system (What you're trying to install) will never be able to use any more than 3-4GB of RAM due to the bit mapping, even if more is there to use.

If you want to have more RAM accessible to the operating system, acquire a 64 bit version of whatever operating system you wish to run and it will see the extra RAM and be able to use it. I recommend using Windows 7 64 bit on your computer. Your hardware is much newer than what Windows XP ran on initially, and though Windows XP 64 bit will likely be faster than Windows 7 64, the support for drivers and programs will be hard to fulfill on Windows XP 64 bit Edition.

Also, FYI, that's a LOT of RAM and unless you are running some extremely RAM intense programs, you can disable the virtual RAM from being used and experience an incredibly fast computer since the hard drive will not have to work on swapping memory around and therefore more of what actually needs to be read and written to and from the hard drive can get done without interruption from the virtual memory.

Have a great day!

QUESTION: Thank you sir!
I'm sorry for asking much but I wanted to be sure that if I install windows XP 64Bit so can I add more than 10GB of Ram? and what kind of driver problems will I face to ? can you please explain a little more , and also I didn't get the last part can you please give more information
about this part ( Also, FYI, that's a LOT of RAM and unless you are running some extremely RAM intense programs, you can disable the virtual RAM from being used and experience an incredibly fast computer since the hard drive will not have to work on swapping memory around and therefore more of what actually needs to be read and written to and from the hard drive can get done without interruption from the virtual memory.
) Anyways thank you very much for answer!! :)

Answer
With the 64 bit version of any operating system, you will be able to have as much RAM as you want.

What I mean by drivers: The software the makes the hardware of the computer able to be used by the operating system, such as the graphics controller, sound controller, networking components, and other I/O devices. If the system is missing and drivers, the system may not function properly and/or certain things may not work at all until the drivers are installed.

The newer the hardware, the harder it is to get Windows XP to work since it was designed during a period that the newer hardware you're running didn't exist and if there is not drivers for your hardware that are compatible with Windows XP, you will very likely have an issue.

As for that last part I typed, I'll let this video tell you what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEUR7Kz2ro It is solely performance to gain when doing what is in the video, but I don't recommend it with anything less than 16GB of RAM. Once you get your 64 bit operating system completely setup and it sees all your RAM, you will have enough RAM to safely turn off the "paging file" and gain some speed.

Windows XP

Flinix