Windows XP/Question

Question
Iam using a Asus netbook which I have had for about 3 yrs. no problems what so ever and was planning to sell it. So I uninstalled a number of software and personal items that I thought may have personal info on it.

But then after I restart the laptop, the cursor is jumpy, at first it only can hit the top icons on the desktop and on the start menu the blue cursor jumps up and down on various items. I can fix it temporary if I hit control+alt+del buttons are hit for the task master, after leaving task master, the laptop works fine. But the next time I restart the pc the problem begins until the control+alt + delete buttons are hit.

Is it a hardware, software or virus problem? This happens when I use the laptop touchpad on top of laptop or a mouse. Sometimes the mouse is also total unresponsive. Again once the control +alt+delete buttons are hit, the problem is gone.

Answer
Hello Wing. It sounds like when you uninstalled the set of programs to clear some data, you may have uninstalled the software for the mouse driver (Synaptic is usually the name it goes by).

Check your Device Manager for any yellow question marks or exclamation points as they will indicate missing drivers. The company website for your computer usually has the drivers for each model, so if you do indeed find that the driver(s) are missing, you can search for your model computer on the brand company website (such as dell.com, hp.com, etc).

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Windows XP

Flinix