Windows XP/Malwarebytes Popups

Question
Kevin:
I receive Malwarebytes (free edition)  popups, perhaps every half hour, asking me to update the data base.....on W7.
Why do I continue to receive them and how can I eliminate the nuisance.
Hope you can help.

Answer
Hi Nicholas,

Do you have Malwarebytes 2.0? Try removing it completely by following method #2 (free version):

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/146017-mbam-clean-removal-process-2x/

Then restart the computer and download the free edition again. Install it and check for updates to install them. Once that's done, monitor and see if it still prompts you to update every half an hour.

Kevin.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou