Windows XP/firefox

Question
My 8 yr old hp with windows xp refuses to go to some of my financial and other sites giving the message that internet explorer can't open this.  I can get to them by downloading firefox, but every time I go online it tells me it is running slow--duh- don't I already know that, and tells me to restore it which I do and then it does this again the next time I use the computer. It also crashes frequently--I wonder who these non-profit good samaritans are getting out of this? I have tried to download Safari and Chrome and both seem to refuse to download, probably thanks to mozilla or Bill and Melinda Gates.  What's going on here?

Answer
Hi Clem
There are a couple things you could try.
First:
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Double click on Internet Optioms
3. Click on the Advanced tab
4. Click the button that says "Restore advanced settings"
5. Click the button that says "Reset"
6. Check the box that says "Delete Personal Settings" This does not delete your Favorites
7. See if you can get on the internet

Second:
1. Clean computer with CCleaner to remove junk files
2. Update and scan computer with Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Update and scan scan computer with Malwaebytes4
4. Update and scan scan computer with installed antivirus

Lastly Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP meaning that there will be no more updates for it including Internet Explorer. The last version of Internet Explorer for Windows XP is version 8, Vista 9, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 is 11. That being said there are features that websites are using that earlier versions of IE do not support.

Windows XP

Computers Unlimited LLC