Windows XP/window 7 partations

during window 7 installation i am trying to divide 200 gb partation into 100 gb each , but one partation of 100 gb forms but other 100 gb shows as un allocated :(

how to solve this ?

Hi usman,

Where are you seeing this showing as unallocated? Windows should actually detect that and prompt you to format it. If you are in the Device Manager already (go to Start and right click on Computer and choose Manage. Go to Disk Management. Look for the unallocated 100GB and right click on it and choose Format. Select the type of format you want and that should allocate the space in Windows.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science