Windows XP/copying files

Question
files
files  
Good day
While copying 1000's of folders and files from a external portable drive to my laptop, I encounter error message - hinting file(s) are too long and cannot be copied. This happens at when all of the files to be copied are not still copying. Once I get the error message, the rest of the files to be copied is unable to be copied. For example if 50% of files are copied and I get the error message, I end up losing the other 50% files since the copying stalls once I get the error message.
Since there are 1000's of long files, it cannot be done manually. Can you recommend a few quick solutions that can be used to fix this issue or shorten files automatically.
Attached are two screen shots; one of the error message and the other showing the files to be copied stalling.

Answer
Hi sam,

Try using Long Path Tool to copy those files over:

http://longpathtool.com/

You can look at the youtube video in that same page to see a quick tutorial on how to use it. There is a Copy To button in the tool.

Hope that helps.

Kevin.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou