Windows XP/When saving jpg pic's from email or the net it is saved as a MS-DOS Application

Question
When saving jpg pic's from email or the net it is saved as a  MS-DOS Application

I can rename it to a jpeg, and it comes up fine.  How can I correct this?  

Thanks

Answer
When you say that the jpeg comes up fine, I assume that you mean that the photo editor being used is able to open the jpeg. Most editors include a setup checklist of photo types which can be selected by the user. Perhaps if jpg was selected/checked on this list, the photo editor
would then open a jpg file?
Carl

Windows XP

Carl Johnson