Windows XP/what is my computer's problem and how to solve it

my window xp has some problem that I don't know how to call it. it is like that;when first I turn on the computer, it work normal, but after I had been working about 3 to five hours,thing begin to happen. first, the window of the browser would close automatically or disappear,sometime just the words disappear or become Mojibake
(unreadable characters), and then the other programs on the desktop
also become Mojibake or just all short cuts of the programs disappeared. and the screen empty, as if the computer try turning off by itself, but it actually never turn off nor restart by itself, it just frozen in that position. only left the star button, or the word "start" disappear and just left a green button. after the computer is turn off or unplug and restart again, it work normal  again, but after several hours, the same thing happen. those thing happen every time but some time one thing go first and then another thing go second. what is this problem and how to solve it?

Hi Pui,
Sounds like you may have a bad or corrupt video card driver or video card.

Go to the manufactures website for yout video card, most likely Nvidia, ATI (now AMD) Intel or possibly Via. Download the latest driver for your card. ATI, Intel and Nvidia may be able to detect you model if you have one of their cards.

If updating the driver doesn't work try replacing the video card.

Note: As of April 14, 2014 Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP, which means they will no longer be releasing security patches for it. 3rd party software developers such as Oracle (Java) and Google (Chrome) also no longer release software updates for their software that runs on Windows XP.  I highly recommend upgrading to Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Windows XP

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question pertaining boot failures, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), Windows upgrade options.

15 years experience in Information Technology and end user support. The owner of Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question about configuring and troubleshooting both Windows XP home and Professional in a home environment as well as business.

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems