Windows XP/windows 7 backup discs

I have a set of discs from a newer computer with windows 7. My older computer with xp is becoming a problem with no support from various entities. If possible how do I use the discs from the newer computer to upgrade to windows 7 on the one with xp-or has bill and melinda figured out a way to get more money out of us with these older computers they already profited from?

Hi clem,

Is it safe to say that the newer computer is still using Windows 7? If so, you won't be able to install and activate Windows 7 on the older computer using the Windows CD you have there. It's most likely a single user license so it's for that newer computer only. If you didn't use it on that newer computer, there is a way to move the license over which would invalidate the newer computer.

Unfortunately, this is the way Microsoft licensed their products. With that said, if you have any intentions on upgrading the newer computer to Windows 10, you might want to do it as soon as possible as Microsoft is ending the free Windows 10 upgrade very soon. They will start charging for it after this month if I recall correctly.

Windows XP

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science