Windows XP/Got an older laptop

So I recently bought and let a Toshiba laptop and it has Windows Vista on it I was just curious if there was a way to upgrade my software on my windows software to them to a more recent version and how we would go about doing it I'm not really trying to go out and pay for the software from Microsoft's website I was just curious if there was a way to download or install a better version of Windows without paying for it

If you are looking for a more modern operating system than Windows Vista but want it legally, I would suggest using a distribution of Linux. Windows 10 was available for Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 customers up until just recently. The deadline for getting Windows 10 for free has passed and therefore you cannot get it anymore without paying 199 USD. If it must be Windows, it must be paid. If you don't actually need Windows but just any ordinary, more modern operating system and you choose to go the Linux route, Linux Mint or Ubuntu would be a good option. They can be downloaded as an ISO file and downloaded to a USB or CD flash DVD. I hope this helps you out, have a great day!

Windows XP

I can answer most questions regarding installation of Windows XP, speed optimization, recommended minimal installation specifications, any hardware issues you may encounter, dual booting, best anti-virus software to go with without spending a dime, and much more. If you'd like to dual boot any Linux OS with your Windows XP, I can guide you through that as well. If it is not related to Windows XP, please choose another expert who can help you.

Experience includes repairing hundreds of desktops and laptops, upgrading some computers from Windows 7 or Vista to Windows XP (yes, this is actually an upgrade), using Linux operating systems for data recovery, diagnosis and more! I've also done capacitor repairs on motherboards with a high success rate. I regularly speed up customers computers to like new speeds or faster

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology