Wine/Porto Rocha 150th Anniversary Old Tawny

Lisa wrote at 2011-01-01 01:06:27

I actually owned this bottle and purchased it at Neiman Marcus, before they decided to no longer carry wine.  It is a blend of 1929-1950 ports.  I thought it was gorgeous.

shomode wrote at 2012-01-03 20:49:30
I actually just opened a bottle of that a few days ago at New Years.  Its delicious.  It is indeed a blend of the oldest tawnies that we still around from 1860s and on.  The good news is that as a Tawny it is fully oxidized so you don't have to worry about it spoiling or going bad.  You can save it a little while longer if you'd like, it will keep just fine, but I say drink it.  Price at auction would probably in the $300 range somewhere although I have heard some reports of it topping $1000 but those are unverified.  

Lisa Semeraro-Castro wrote at 2014-12-19 20:30:25
Hello.  I actually purchased this bottle at Neiman Marcus.  It was a blend of 1929 to either 1950 or 1951.  It was a great bottle and I will grieve its passing forever.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.